Create a sensory tub filled to the brim with Christmas colours, textures and scents! Perfect for baby and toddler play and lots of hands on, open-ended fun and learning this season.
The next day we added it to one of our wide, shallow, garden trays and found lots of tactile, sensory elements to add, including some extra bits of tat that I bought at the £1 shop!
We used a packet of mini plastic baubles and also sprinkled through some gold star sequins.
Some sparkly pom poms.
A few small branches off our real Christmas tree to add a lovely pine scent and a touch of natural play to an otherwise rather gaudy scene!
Some plastic candy cane decorations.
- creativity: using the imagination to tell stories, recreate scenes, role play and imaginative play with objects, using objects to represent others in play
- sensory: using all of the senses to explore materials
- motor skills: scooping, pouring, pincer grip to pick up small objects
- literacy: using language to tell stories, take on roles and recreate events in play
- maths: counting out objects, exploring volume and capacity