Make this delicious pear and cinnamon muffin recipe as a fun idea for cooking with kids. Cooking is great for maths, motor skills, concentration and science!
Here’s the latest in our series of fabulous guest posts from fantastic bloggers around the world. Here is Deb from Learn with Play at Home sharing a favourite recipe for cooking with kids.
I love cooking with the kids. Yes, it takes a bit longer and yes, there’s usually more mess to clean up, but I’ve found that over the years, the kids have been getting better and better with their kitchen skills, and our cooking experiences are getting quicker, easier and less mess. It won’t be long and I can just stand back and leave them to it. (I wonder if they’ll take dinner orders?)
- Self-raising flour- 2 cups sifted
- Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon- 2tsps ground
- Ripe pears- 3 or 4 peeled, cored and diced
- Milk- 2/3 cup
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Egg- 1
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (356˚F) and lightly spray muffin tin with cooking oil
- Combine the dry ingredients and carefully stir through your diced pear
- Whisk your wet ingredients together and pour into a well in your dry ingredients
- Carefully combine all your ingredients together without over stirring and then fill muffin tray with mix
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with some extra cinnamon and option brown sugar
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done. They should spring back when pressed on top.