Eric Carle Initial Art

After we made the Eric Carle inspired tissue paper prints this week I thought it would be nice to turn them into some wall art for the girls rooms. I saw a lovely idea for cutting art work into initials *somewhere* recently (if it was you, please let me know so I can point people to your lovely post!)

So we added some more pieces of plain tissue paper in some of the white spaces on one of the finished pictures. This was so that when I cut out the letters there wouldn’t be any vast expanses of white paper showing.

Then I simply cut out the initial letters of the girls’ names to fit the size of frames that I had, and glued them to thick white paper. All finished and ready to hang! This was only a 20 minute project and a lovely way to treasure some of their art work in a unique way.

Eric carle initial art 2

And, loving colour and paper as much as I do, I was pretty much in love with the left over scraps! Oh, what to do with those now?!

Comments

I didn’t want that stupid game anyway

Absolutely gorgeous initials! Could you make me an ‘M’ and a ‘K’ please?!!!!!

Oh, I love those! Where are your frames from by the way? I have a shed load of art-work which is just begging to be cut up into something more useful!

Vic & Andrew- these are my fav frames for everything because they look nice and only cost something like £1.99 from the Sainsbury’s basics range! I have lots of our family photos going up our stairs in frames like these :-)

@Mumma- I wanted to do their full names too but was worried I would mess it up! Plus, I wouldn’t have wanted to show it on here anyway. I may still do it at some point. I am in love with the simplicity of this paint/ collage methos and how striking and vibrant the colours can look! Thanks to good old Mr Carle :-)

Gorgeous! We have tons of left over tissue paper from a playdate, and I am glad to have an idea to use it up.
    I wonder how the initials would scan to make iron on transfers to a tshirt.

This is a lovely idea. I have two children that are leaving soon so am going to use it to make mementos for them. We had a go last week after reading your blog. Thank you.

@Rebekah that’s a gorgeous idea! I have no idea how to do that! If you try it please tell me how to do it. I think the images would scan really well because of the high contrast and bright colours, but I don’t know how you do the next step.